Think the Choice of Agent does not matter?
Another agent listed the house for over three months at $900K without any buyer interest.
After taking over the listing, BCP got our client $110K more in only 3 days.
How does BCP produce such a result?
The difference is BCP applied our unmatched approach to superior visual presentation and knowledge of the micro-market relevant to Overlook, which allows BCP to understand what buyers are willing to pay for a superior house in a sought-after community like Overlook.
Rather than present an empty house to the market, BCP fully furnished our client's empty house from the "House of BCP" interior design collection to ensure maximum visual impact, both online and in person, to drive both buyer interest and top-tier price.
What does this sale mean for Overlook?
BCP got our client the highest city home sale price since 2005, with a $90K higher price than for a similar end unit city home backing to Bren Mar Park sold by a "luxury" agent in early 2020.
With this sale and BCP's sale of 6271 Kingfisher for $970K in August 2020, BCP has raised the value of Overlook city homes by $50K, then by a further $40K.
If you are thinking of selling your Overlook house, BCP stands ready to help you achieve the best possible result.
Please enjoy this 5 bedroom, 4 full and 1 half bathroom, 3906 finished sq.ft. end city home for sale in the sought-after Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia.
The quality and scope of the upgrades throughout this house, both inside and out, present a fully move-in ready home with high-end finishes and features to enhance the new homeowner's enjoyment.
The capstone on this beautiful house is the enjoyment of the panorama of mature trees in Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park. The view from the deck provides privacy, a peaceful green screen view, and beautiful sunsets to enjoy.
This house offers a rarely-found buying opportunity inside the Beltway for the combination of a move-in ready house, a main level bedroom, a community with green space, prime commuting location, and panoramic view.
The upgrades and appointments to this house are present in every room and every view within. A focus on the details, both big and small, is apparent throughout. An eye-pleasing color palette throughout the house will compliment any design style preferred by the new homeowner.
- The house opens from a front portico with two columns to a 2-story foyer with a curved staircase as the design focal point. A 12 light candelabra provides both light and visual drama whether seen from above or below. The staircase, marble floor, and open views of the main living level creates a grand, yet welcoming entry.
- The Dining Room is on display to impress with an elegant bronze, 9-light candelabra, crown molding with dentil detail, and wainscot trim creating visual appeal. The Dining Room has two walls of windows with Plantation shutters providing both elegance and privacy.
- The entry leads to the Living Room, where visual drama is provided by the 2 story windows with custom panels and the 2 story fireplace mantle trim.
- The kitchen is fully renovated with Quartz counters, maple finish cabinets, stainless appliances, and hardwired under cabinet and cove light. The kitchen is large enough for a separate eating area, with two walls of windows providing natural light.
- From the kitchen, you can walk out to a large deck through an Anderson three panel sliding door. The deck has a motorized awning that spans the entire width. From the deck, you enjoy the panorama of Bren Mar Park, along with the sunset views.
- The open space and circular flow of the Main Level, with access to the deck, creates great entertaining options, with enough space to make a large gathering feel intimate.
- The Main Level also has the owner's suite bedroom, accessed through double doors. The bedroom is sized to make a King bed look small, with a mini-candelabra providing elegance to this space.
- The bathroom has been fully renovated, with dual vanities, marble tops, and a large shower enclosure with custom tile and glass enclosure. The elongated vanities provide plentiful storage space.
- The walk-in closet in the Master Bedroom feels like its own room, with custom storage closets providing numerous options.
- The Main Level hardwood floors have been newly refinished.
- The Main Level also has an upgraded half bath.
- The Upper Level has the three bedrooms, with each sized for a Queen bed.
- The 2nd full bathroom is fully renovated with a Quartz vanity top, rectangular under mount sink, and custom tile on the floor and tub/shower surround. This bathroom is ensuite with the 2nd bedroom.
- The 3rd full bathroom is also fully renovated with a Quartz vanity top, rectangular under mount sink, and custom tile on the floor and tub/shower surround. This bathroom is ensuite with the 4th bedroom, with a second entry from the Upper Level hallway.
- The 4th bedroom is ensuite with the 3rd full bathroom, with a double door closet. This bedroom is presently set up as an office space.
- The Lower Level is a large open space with separate areas for entertaining, along with a walk-out to the large patio with extensive hardscape and plantings chosen for both privacy and ease of care.
- The Lower Level has a granite-topped wet bar with a wine refrigerator and a dishwasher. The second gas fireplace provides another focal point for this space.
- The 5th bedroom is located on this level. This space is both spacious and secluded. The full bath on this level is accessible either directly from the bedroom or the Lower Level open space. The bed and bath combination create a luxurious guest suite. With the bathroom having the same level of quality upgrades as the other bathrooms, the new homeowner’s guest may never want to leave.
- The mechanical room on this level provides a large area for storage (approximately 300 sq.ft).
- The laundry is located just inside the garage on the Main Level, with a Samsung washer/dryer, utility sink, and a closet and overhead cabinets for storage.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, to include LED retrofit lights in lieu of recessed lights, with adjustable light output (warm to cool).
- Both HVAC systems (Carrier) replaced in 2010.
- Hot water heater replaced in 2010..
- New carpet installed in 2020.
- The front, side, and rear yard have a multi-zone, in-ground irrigation system. The landscaping on the property has been professionally designed for both plants and hardscape.
- The 2-car garage has a rubberized floor. The garage provides storage and workspace with numerous cabinets and counter space. An extra refrigerator in present in the garage.
- The driveway is sized to allow for up to four additional parking spaces for guests.
- Visitor parking is located opposite the house, on the back side of a landscaped island, with mature Crepe myrtles providing a pleasant view from the front of the house.
Overlook community details:
When entering the community, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined boulevard, which gives Overlook a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. This green space, coupled with wide streets and greater separation from other houses for better privacy, sets Overlook apart from most communities inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these quality-of-Life features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Pentagon Metro that you can catch with a pleasant 10-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10-minute drive from Overlook. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes. The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria’s West End are located to benefit Overlook from their proximity, but Overlook will still offer a neighborhood, park-like setting that is rarely found inside the Beltway.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and playgrounds. The community pool is a 5-minute walk from the house through Bren Mar Park.
Verizon Fios high-speed internet is available within Overlook.
Get in Touch
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2023 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).